The De Redin Coastal Towers, built by Grand Master Martin De Redin are a series of coastal watch towers. The De Redin Towers were built between 1658 and 1659 to serve as a permanent lookout post. These towers are in sight of each other and provided a communication link between Gozo and the Grand Harbour. Additionally they functioned as watchtowers against attack by Corsairs.
This 17th century coastal tower is known by the Maltese as It-Torri ta’ Triq il-Wiesgħa and is situated along the coast between Żonqor Point and Xgħajra. It has been fully restored by Fondazzjoni Wirt Artna.
Source: Wirt Artna