Ta' Kenuna Tower (night)

Back

Ta' Kenuna Tower (night)

Ta' Kenuna Tower is one of three semaphore towers built by the British in 1848 on the cliffs near Nadur in Gozo, Malta.

Sited on a hill 130 meters above sea level, its purpose was to pass on signals to ships and other posts via a telegraphy link between the two main Maltese islands.

In 2005 the Nadur Local Council commissioned restoration works of the tower. A beacon to warn ships of their proximity to land, as well as a number of communication antennas were installed on the roof.

Source: Wikipedia