The Sa Maison Garden is a small, pretty garden mostly known for its military heritage. The garden is also known as il-Ġnien tal-Milorda (Her Ladyship's Garden) in memory of Lady Julia Lockwood, who resided there between 1842 and 1856. Her house was later demolished and the garden taken over by the military, which were responsible for its maintenance until 1903, when it was taken over by the civil government.
Apart from the several regimental crests, which are engraved in the bastion wall inside the garden, there’s also a small model of a castle carved in Maltese stone dedicated to the 2nd Battalion of the Essex Regiment.
The garden itself is on several levels and there is a Knight's Gardjola (watch tower), which is easily accessible and provides spectacular views of the Ta’ Xbiex Yacht Marina and fortifications.